Judge Goodwin’s Daybook Entries of May 24, 2012, contain a case management section applicable to the AMS, Boston Scientific and Ethicon vaginal mesh injury cases, and states:
MDL Nos. 2325 (AMS), 2326 (Boston Scientific), and 2327 (Ethicon):
• Direct Filling Order.
• Protective Order; the Protective Order entered in the Bard MDL will be the protective Order that will be used.
• Pltfs Master Complaints and Short For Complaints.
• Timing for Short Form Complaints and Responses to Pltfs Master Complaint.
• Defendants Short Form Complaint Issues as to Insufficiency or Incompleteness.
• Utilization of Interim Pltf Profile Information Form versus Defts proposal to utilize Pltfs Fact Sheet.
• ESI Protocol.
• Structure of future case management conferences.
• Discussion of common discovery issues; the discovery stay will not be lifted at this time.
• Parties working on overall Case Management Order pertaining to scheduling.
• Motions to Dismiss.
• Scheduling of next 4 status conference dates:
o July 26, 2012 @ 1:00 p.m.
o September 13, 2012 @ 1 p.m.
o November 1, 2012 @ 1 p.m.
o December 6, 2012 @ 1 p.m.
It is important for vaginal mesh implant injury lawyers to pay careful attention to these cases management issues. Issues specific to each to all 4 MDL (including Ethicon, AMS and Boston Scientific) were also discussed by Judge Goodwin at the status conference, and you will find a summary of those issues in the 4 blogs immediately following this blog.