Judge Goodwin’s Daybook Entry of May 24, 2012 reflects that the following matters were discussed in the MDL 2327 Ethicon Pelvic Repair Litigation:
• ESI Protocol: coordination with New Jersey document production.
• Pltf and Deft Fact Sheets
• Coordination of discovery with ongoing New Jersey discovery.
• Number of examiners.
• Foreign depositions.
• Continuation of or direct examinations in depositions already completed.
• Length of depositions.
• New Jersey order and appeal on expert witness retention.
The litigation over the vaginal mesh products manufactured by Ethicon, a Johnson and Johnson subsidiary, is in its infancy. There are presently 278 federal lawsuits for injury caused by Ethicon’s Gynemesh . Judge Goodwin’s Daybook Entry reflects that the litigation is now maturing to a stage when plaintiff and discovery can effectively procede.