At a regularly scheduled status conference on May 25, 2012, in the federal multi-district litigation status conference, Judge Goodwin noted the follwing in his Daybook Entry:
MDL No. 2325:
• AMS Request for Science Day; scheduled for July 26, 2012 @ 10:00 a.m.
• Counsel for Boston Scientific Corp will be permitted to make a brief presentation at the September 13, 2012 status
• Organization of MDL cases.
• Proper Parties and Motion to Dismiss Improper Parties.
• Issues Relating to prior discovery in Ambroff and Boatman Morse Cases; motion dealing with Ambroff issue to be
filed by the Pltfs within 14 days. Response by Defts due within 14 days of the filing of the motion.
• ESI Protocol, coordination with State Court litigation.
• Pltf and Deft Fact Sheets.
• Ex parte communication with treating physicians.
The request for Science Day was made by defendant AMS, and is an opportunity for plaintiffs to show the court all of the permanent injuries that are caused by AMS vaginal mesh. There are presently 312 federal AMS vaginal mesh lawsuits. In the upcoming months, the court and parties will be working on the issues addressed in the Daybook, as well as other matters such as fact and expert discovery to be taken by plaintiffs and defenants.